I grew up with the saying “Pick one thing and be the best at it,” but I was never able to pick one thing. I was always interested in many different things. My first passion was dancing, then in chronological order, I became an engineer, a product manager in technology startups, and more recently a certified mindfulness meditation teacher, a writer and a social entrepreneur. I am on a path of integrating my seemingly contradictory parts, and adding more heart, joy and ease to my life.
I am convinced that the lack of everyday wellness is the most important problem of our day, and the root cause of many other global problems. Nurturing people to find more everyday wellness has become the impetus behind my creative work. You can read more on why I believe this, how I approach it, and what my day to day work looks like here in my manifesto. If you are short on time, the main highlights of my work are:
- Mudita Mindfulness Community, a non-sectarian, international, multicultural, online mindfulness community I founded and co-lead with my colleague Jennifer Krag, where you can find me teaching weekly meditation groups, 7-8 week courses, affinity groups and book clubs, while living and breathing these communication guidelines and ethics practices,
- 1:1 mindfulness sessions to help you set up or deepen your practice,
- Mindfulness workshops or courses to businesses and organizations,
- Letters From Zeynep, a biweekly newsletter where I send an original piece every time, as well as free mindfulness teachings, practices and other small gifts,
- A collection of poems, longer essays and stories I'm working on.
I still dance too, although it mostly looks like throwing 10-minute dance parties for myself in the middle of the day.
I hope you will enjoy what you find here! I would love to hear your thoughts, comments, questions. Feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All the best,