Mudita is a secular and nonsectarian mindfulness community open to everyone! Our name comes from the word mudita in Pali, which means sympathetic joy -- the joy we feel for the good fortune and happiness of others. This is exactly what we do - we come together once a week to learn and practice mindfulness, and to rejoice in each other's progress.🤗
Our intentions are:
1. learn & practice mindfulness together,
2. share and learn from each other,
3. support each other in our continued mindfulness practices.
Meeting Times & Locations
- Weekly meetings are in central Paris and on live video call on Wednesday evenings 19:30 - 21:00.
- Paris meeting locations for the month of September:
Sep 11th - 8 Rue Saint-Marc 75002 Paris
Sep 18th - 8 Rue Saint-Marc 75002 Paris
Sep 25th - 24 Rue de Mogador 75009 Paris
Meeting details (building access codes, online call instructions) will be sent by email upon your RSVP.
- Please join the live video call by following this Zoom link. If you will call on your smartphone, you will need to download the Zoom application and use this meeting ID: 655 394 6729.
- Please consider joining the call 10 minutes early in case you will need to adjust your computer, video or microphone settings.
- Arrival & grounding meditation (10 min)
- Check in on how practice has been going (15 min)
- Short teaching (20 min)
- Meditation, practice of concepts, sharing (30 min)
- Check out (10 min)
Who Can Join
- Mudita is a secular and nonsectarian mindfulness community open to everyone!
- No prior mindfulness experience is needed. I will work with newcomers to guide them and answer their questions during meetings.
- Multicultural & Mindful Dialogue Guidelines are taught and reminded at every meeting.
Discover Our Community
- You can come to any of our meetings and pay a one time fee of 15€ if you are attending in Paris and 12€ if you are attending online.
- To join a meeting, please RSVP by filling this short form.
- Newcomers will be asked to come 20 min early to go over the community communication guidelines, answer their questions, and onboard them onto the community structure.
Become A Member
- Monthly membership has a sliding scale:
a supporting price for those who can and want to support the community and financial aid receivers,
a sustaining price for those who can and want to sustain the community,
an aid price if you cannot afford the sustaining price.
By paying what you can you are contributing your unique gifts to our community and helping others be there; thank you so much for this!
- Membership fees are:
For members in Paris: Supporting 60€/month, Sustaining 40€/month, Aid based on your need.
For online members: Supporting 45€/month, Sustaining 30€/month, Aid based on your need.
- First month of membership is 50% discounted, to allow you to test and discover our community!
- Membership gives you:
* 4 community meetings in a month,
* email and chat groups to stay in touch with the community,
* a 20% discount on mindfulness courses I offer,
* priority on the mindfulness retreats we organize for the community,
* support on your mindfulness practice should you need or want it.
- Membership can be cancelled any time.
You can register here to become a member.
On Wednesday Aug 14th, our community welcomed Sasha Nelson as a guest teacher! Sasha is a fellow mindfulness teacher from our mindfulness teacher training with Jack Kornfield and Tara Brach. Aside from being a mindfulness teacher, she is a vinyasa yoga teacher, a wellness consultant and writer, a dancer, and a food and sustainability enthusiast. She will talk to us about sustainability of mind, body & planet -- how to integrate simple yet profound mindfulness practices into every day life. Her talk will be followed by a meditation practice led by her. Our meeting, as always, will open with a check-in on how your practice has been going. 😊
For more information, join one of our meetings or contact me!