Mudita is a secular and nonsectarian mindfulness community open to everyone! Our name comes from the word mudita in Pali, which means sympathetic joy -- the joy we feel for the good fortune and happiness of others. This is exactly what we do - we come together once a week to learn and practice mindfulness, and to rejoice in each other's progress.🤗
Our intentions are:
1. learn & practice mindfulness together,
2. share and learn from each other,
3. support each other in our continued mindfulness practices.
Who Can Join
- Mudita is a secular and nonsectarian mindfulness community open to everyone!
- No prior mindfulness experience is needed. I will work with newcomers to guide them and answer their questions during meetings.
- Multicultural & Mindful Dialogue Guidelines are taught and reminded at every meeting.
Our meetings usually alternate between long meditations and learning new practices. A typical meeting might look like:
- Arrival & grounding meditation (10 min)
- Check in on how practice has been going (15 min)
- Short teaching (20 min)
- Meditation, practice of concepts, sharing (30 min)
- Check out (10 min)
Mudita in November
- Wed Nov 6 19:30-21:00 (Chatelet) - Self-Compassion Break & Long Sit
- Sat Nov 9 15:00-17:00 (Places des Fetes) - Book Club: Reading & discussing The Miracle of Mindfulness by Thich Nhat Hanh
- Wed Nov 13 19:30-21:00 (Bourse) - Compassionate Body Scan
- Sat Nov 16 11:30 - Brunch 🤗
- Wed Nov 20 19:30-21:00 (Bourse) - Facing Difficulties Mindfully
- Wed Nov 27 19:30-21:00 (Bourse) - Long sit
Meeting Times, Locations & Fees
- Weekly meetings are in central Paris and on live video call on Wednesday evenings 19:30 - 21:00.
- You can come to any of our meetings at any time.
- First meeting is free to give you a chance to meet us! Then, fees are 15€ for Paris or 12€ for online participation.
- Room address, door codes and call links will be shared after you RSVP.