Mudita is a secular and nonsectarian mindfulness community open to everyone! Our name comes from the word mudita in Pali, which means sympathetic joy -- the joy we feel for the good fortune and happiness of others. This is exactly what we do - we come together once a week to learn and practice mindfulness, and to rejoice in each other's progress.🤗
Our intentions are:
1. learn & practice mindfulness together,
2. share and learn from each other,
3. support each other in our continued mindfulness practices.
Who Can Join
- Mudita is a multicultural and non-sectarian community, open to everyone from all walks of life and all identities of nationality, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, age, physical ability and mental ability. Multicultural & Mindful Dialogue Guidelines are taught and reminded at every meeting.
- No prior mindfulness experience is needed. I work with newcomers to guide them and answer their questions during meetings.
- A sufficient level of English is needed as the meetings are held in English.
Our meetings usually alternate between long meditations and learning new practices. A typical meeting might look like:
- Arrival & grounding meditation (10 min)
- Check in on how practice has been going (15 min)
- Short teaching (20 min)
- Meditation, practice of concepts, sharing (30 min)
- Check out (10 min)
Mudita in November
- Wed Dec 4 - Equanimity & Peace
- Wed Dec 11 - "Yes" Meditation & Long Sit
- Wed Dec 18 - Facing Difficulties Mindfully (RAIN)
Meeting Times, Locations & Fees
- Weekly meetings are in central Paris (usually 7 Rue de Louvois 75002 Paris) and on live video call on Wednesday evenings 19:30 - 21:00.
- You can come to any of our meetings at any time.
- First meeting is free to give you a chance to meet us! Then, fees are 15€ for Paris or 12€ for online participation.
- Room address, door codes and call links will be shared after you RSVP.