Mudita is a secular and nonsectarian mindfulness community open to everyone! Our name comes from the word mudita in Pali, which means sympathetic joy -- the joy we feel for the good fortune and happiness of others. This is exactly what we do - we come together once a week to learn and practice mindfulness, and to rejoice in each other's progress.🤗
Our intentions are:
1. learn & practice mindfulness together,
2. share and learn from each other,
3. support each other in our continued mindfulness practices.
Who Can Join
- Mudita is a multicultural and non-sectarian community, open to everyone from all walks of life and all identities of ethnicity, color, national origin/ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical conditions, military/veteran status, or marital status. Multicultural & Mindful Dialogue Guidelines are taught and reminded at every meeting.
- No prior mindfulness experience is needed. I work with newcomers to guide them and answer their questions during meetings.
- A sufficient level of English is needed as the meetings are held in English.
A Typical Meeting
- Arrival & grounding meditation (10 min)
- Check in (10 min)
- Short teaching (20 min)
- Meditation, practice of concepts (30 min)
- Optional discussion or sharing (10 min)
- Check out (10 min)
Meetings in March
- Due to Coronavirus, we will be meeting online on Zoom every Wednesday at 19:30 Paris time.
- Please RSVP to get the online meeting access.
- First meeting is free to give you a chance to meet us! Then, fees are on a sliding scale, which means you are encouraged to pay what you can afford to pay. Suggested fees are 15€ for Paris or 12€ for online participation.