Mudita is a secular and nonsectarian mindfulness community open to everyone! Our name comes from the word mudita in Pali, which means sympathetic joy -- the joy we feel for the good fortune and happiness of others. This is exactly what we do - we come together once a week to learn and practice mindfulness, and to rejoice in each other's progress.🤗
Our intentions are:
1. learn & practice mindfulness together,
2. share and learn from each other,
3. support each other in our continued mindfulness practices.
Mudita started out in May 2019, and today has 9 members and 10 visiting guests.
Who Can Join
- Mudita is a multicultural and non-sectarian community, open to everyone from all walks of life and all identities of ethnicity, color, national origin/ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical conditions, military/veteran status, or marital status. Multicultural & Mindful Dialogue Guidelines are taught and reminded at every meeting.
- No prior mindfulness experience is needed. I work with newcomers to guide them and answer their questions during and after meetings.
- A sufficient level of English is needed as the meetings are held in English.
A Typical Meeting
- Arrival & grounding meditation (10 min)
- Check in (10 min)
- Short teaching (20 min)
- Meditation, practice of concepts (30 min)
- Optional discussion or sharing (10 min)
- Check out (10 min)
Meetings in June 2020
- Weekly community meetings:
Until further notice, we will be meeting online on Zoom every Wednesday between 19:30 and 21:00 Paris time. Please RSVP to get the online meeting access.
Our upcoming meeting on Wednesday June 3rd will be a community discussion on all the ways in which the pandemic and deconfinement is affecting us, and how we are coping. The discussion will be followed by a grounding meditation.
- Book club:
We meet every other Saturday on Zoom between 15:00 and 17:00 Paris time. Our upcoming meetings are on Saturday June 6th and Saturday June 20th.
The book we are currently reading is The Book of Joy: Lasting Happiness in a Changing World. Please RSVP to get the online meeting access.
Your first meeting is free to give you a chance to meet us!
After your first meeting, you are encouraged to pay what you can afford to pay, especially during the pandemic, as a lot of people are having financial struggles. Please don't stress if you cannot contribute anything. What most matters right now is finding calm and connection during this pandemic.